- Full-time, Day
- Indefinite duration
You have an extensive knowledge of AVEVA System Platform, Historian and OMI? A real problem solver? You are eager to apply your expertise within automation in our innovative, strong family business? Apply now at Sioen!
What you do
The automation engineer focuses on Sioen’s strategic choice towards digitalisation in the industrial processes by means of the following preferred technologies, software and tools: AVEVA (formerly Wonderware) System Platform, AVEVA Historian & AVEVA OMI, Kepware’s KepserverEX and Siemens’ Step7/TIA Portal.
As part of the existing central OT-team, you develop and maintain the digital model and modular solutions to answer a diversity of business questions coming from plants worldwide with focus on nearby plants.
You focus on beforementioned preferred products, whilst feeling confident to perform in a wider scope, ranging from gathering the data through datalogging- and integration-projects over assisting in interfacing with other systems like MES and ending with helping to provide insights and reporting to the business users.
Execute and follow-up datalogging/Historian/SCADA projects for local and remote plants with AVEVA- and accompanying applications:
- Conceptualize new installations according to the group standards
- Build and improve solutions and group standards
- Calculate/estimate costs and effort in order to inform business
- Install and configure
- Support day-to-day operation
- Maintain contacts with integrators
- Manage and perform updates
- Monitor performance
- Strive for overall standardization and use of industry standard solutions
- Advise in and assist with interfacing projects with other business applications
Who you are
- You have a higher education (preferably Industrial Engineer) or equivalent by AVEVA-certification and project experience.
- You have an extensive knowledge of AVEVA System Platform, Historian and OMI.
- You have a basic knowledge of Kepware’s KEPServerEX and Microsoft SQL.
- You have knowledge of Siemens-PLC’s (Step 7, TIA Portal, industrial networking).
- You have a basic knowledge of Eplan, LAN-networking, industrial cyber security is an asset.
- You have a fluent knowledge of Dutch, English and French (knowledge German or Italian is an asset).
- You are a problem solver, analytical, pragmatic and you have a hands-on approach.
What to expect from us
- A congestion free workplace in Ardooie.
- A job in a stable, growing, profitable, and international family business.
- A more than attractive salary package with fringe benefits such as a car including a fuel card, meal vouchers, 13th month, group insurance, the possibility of a hospitalisation insurance, the possibility of bicycle lease and flexible remuneration, ...
- Working in an innovative company that continuously invests in new products, installations, and most importantly: people!
- A flexible timetable with respect to a good work-life balance!
- Freely scheduled leave.
- Partly teleworking possible.
- Room for taking initiative.
- The opportunity to learn and grow through internal and external training sessions.
- Contemporary working environment and offices.
- Fun company events.
- Last but not least: fantastic passioenate colleagues who go for it daily!
The Passioen of
Having fun at work every day
Fun at all times
I love the dynamics between the different departments
You are applying? Well, that’s great! First, your application is confirmed and then we start working on your CV.
If the evaluation of your CV was positive, you will immediately receive an invitation for a first meeting with the HR Officer, Talent Manager or Chief HR.
In the first interview, our HR staff and/or a direct line manager determine how well you fit in at Sioen. For some positions, we do some additional tests.
For certain positions a second interview is necessary. This interview is one with your immediate superiors, colleagues and/or CEO.
Time to dot the i's and cross the t's! Our Chief HR makes you a contract proposal and together you discuss the conditions it contains.
Welcome at Sioen!
Congratulations! Now, you are one of our Sioen talents! On your first day, we will welcome you and get you ready for your first working day. Your colleagues will mentor you for the first six months.