Automation Engineer (m/f)
The automation engineer bridges the gap between the technical-operational and administrative (IT) processes of factory automation. The primary objective of the Automation Engineer is to ensure proper and continuous (with respect to the agreed SLA) operation of all critical automation systems by proactively monitoring and maintaining them and making sure that valid backup and recovery procedures are in place
- Advise and follow up automation projects across all divisions of the group.
- Document automation projects.
- Establish maintenance and disaster recovery procedures that can be applied without specialised knowledge.
- Test Disaster recovery scenarios.
- Support day-to-day operation of automation systems.
- Maintain contacts with vendors.
- Follow up maintenance cycles (upgrades).
- Monitor performance of automation systems.
- Strive for overall standardisation and use of industry standard solutions.
- Advise and assist interfacing projects with the administrative IT systems.
- Industrial Engineer.
- Knowledge of PLC (Siemens S7,..), SCADA (Wonderware,…) and DCS systems.
- Knowledge of Eplan, Wonderware, TIA Portal is an asset.
- Knowledge of LAN-networking and industrial cyber security
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server architecture (2008 r2 and higher) & frontend (Windows 7 and higher).
- Basic Knowledge of databases (SQL, Oracle, …).
- Dutch, English, French (Italian is an asset).
- Problem solving, analytical, pragmatic hands-on approach.
- A versatile function with a high degree of responsibility within a stable and financially strong group. You'll be part of the existing OT-team in HQ Ardooie with initially focus (80%) on our sites in Moeskroen.
- An informal and open work environment that offers you the opportunity to develop yourself.
- A competitive salary package adapted to your knowledge and results, supplemented with fringe benefits and the possibility to work flexible hours.
Some key figures
Sioen Industries with HQ in Ardooie, is a diversified stock quoted group with an extensive portfolio of products and activities: spinning, weaving and coating, manufacturing of clothing, production of fine chemicals and processing of technical textiles.
More infoSIOEN Industries nv
8850 Ardooie - Belgium
T +32 51 740 973