Financial Controller (m/f)
As a Financial Controller for Sioen, you will support the management team by being responsible for the controlling activities of 2 subdivisions of the Coating Division, located in Belgium. You report hierarchically to the Group Controller in HQ (located in Ardooie) and functionally to the CEO’s of the two subdivisions. In this varied role you will be part of an international team of controllers.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Monthly reporting on P&L and Balance Sheet
- Coordinating the annual budget exercise and the quarterly forecast process for the subdivisions in question
- Analyzing and reporting sales, cost prices and margins
- Responsibility for an accurate costing process, ensuring qualitative master data.
- Following the production output data relating to volume, yield, waste etc.
- Analyzing investment proposals and calculating the return on investment
- Having a close involvement in financial,and IT projects
- Initiating and supporting process improvement projects
- Acting as a sparring partner and offering support to the subdivision CEO’s with regards to financial reporting
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have a strong business acumen and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in audit and/or controlling.
- You should have a higher university degree, preferably in finance or economics (eg commercial engineer), and experience from a global company would be appreciated.
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch are mandatory, as well as being proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- You are IT savvy, like working with business intelligence tools to extract information and ERP/SAP skills are an advantage.
- You should be able to present reports and figures in a concise and transparent way, and have strong analytical and process skills.
- Additionally, you ought to be flexible and work accurately under pressure. As a person you have an independent, hands-on mentality with the ability to work in a cross-functional / cross-country environment, and have strong communication and team-working skills. You are eager to learn and have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible mindset.
Our offerWhy join us? We offer you a challenging opportunity within a dynamic and international framework and the support of your colleagues both locally and globally. You have the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the group’s businesses, and through your initiative you will contribute to the future growth of Sioen. The position offers a high degree of independence and the possibility to develop your skills in an exciting environment. We are a financially solid and secure company; family owned business with entrepreneurial spirit and passionate colleagues. Our vision, mission, strategy and values can be found at www.sioen.com/en/group/mission.
Some key figures
Sioen Industries NV (www.sioen.com) with headquarters in Ardooie, Belgium is looking for a motivated and ambitious Financial Controller to focus on the management reporting, budgeting and forecasting (Coating Division).
Sioen Industries is a Belgian family owned company with net sales of €510 million in 2020 and +4.500 employees. Sioen is a world market leader in coated technical textiles and technical apparel, protecting people and their belongings.
The Coating division has an extensive portfolio of products and activities, and develops, produces and distributes yarns, fabrics and coated technical textiles in key markets like transport, industry, civil engineering & construction.
More infoSIOEN Industries nv
8850 Ardooie - Belgium
T +32 51 740 973