Technical Fitting Designer – Pattern Maker
- Full-time, Day
- Indefinite duration
Bitten by patterns and design? You think that clothing and certainly work clothes should fit like a glove? Eager to take our brands to the next level with your passionate Sioen colleagues in Ardooie? Want to be part of an innovative family business? Then this is the perfect job for you! – technical fit
What you do
- You are part of the design department (Siotec) of the Apparel division, based in Ardooie, which is responsible for the Sioen range.
- Siotec consists of about 20 experts and focuses on the development of custom made protective clothing at the request of customers, from design over pattern to production-ready product.
- You ensure that our protective clothing fits the wearer like a glove. You look at the behaviour of fits, develop and evaluate fittings with the help of specialized Gerber software.
- You work together with product managers and seek direction and consensus on the desired fit when creating a style and drawing out the first design.
- You pass on the first design to Sales via a pattern diagram or as a pattern or garment sample.
- You create a block pattern library and implement grading rules. You have a good knowledge of different grading systems.
- You will develop and monitor the accurate specifications of sizing for finished garments and ensure that they are consistent in size and fit within the brand and across product categories.
- You develop new concept fits and work on a fitting proposals for a clothing line or a project.
- We have our own production sites in Romania, Tunisia, Finland, Estonia, Indonesia and Myanmar. You are also in contact with them.
- You monitor developments in fashion and fits.
- You translate the design into bulk production while maintaining the fits and company standards.
- You evaluate the garments and determine whether they meet the specifications, the construction and the fit.
- You identify potential problems with production, quality and costs and you give advice for improvement.
- You recommend new techniques or methods to improve the fit or cost.
Who you are
- You combine a Bachelor or Master degree with a first experience within a production environment of clothing.
- You have a technical background in clothing construction and a thorough knowledge of fits, including detailed knowledge of clothing production.
- You have experience with creating patterns, using Gerber software and being able to interpret anthropological data.
- You are a good communicator, a team player and have organizational skills.
- You work efficiently with tight deadlines.
- You are willing to travel abroad from time to time.
- You have a fluent knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
What to expect from us
- A nice, traffic jam-free workplace in Ardooie, with great colleagues. A local team of passionate Sioen employees, part of an international group.
- A job in a stable, growing, profitable and international family business.
- A more than attractive salary package with fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, 13th month, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, possibility of bicycle lease and flexible remuneration, ...
- Working in an innovative company that continuously invests in new products, installations and most importantly: people!?
- A flexible hourly harvester in function of a good work life balance!
- Freely schedulable leave.
- Possibility to partly working from home.
- Room for your own initiative.
- The opportunity to learn and grow through internal and external training.
- A contemporary working environment and offices.
- Fun company events.
- Last but not least: fantastic “passioenate” colleagues who go for it every day!
The Passioen of
Having fun at work every day
Fun at all times
I love the dynamics between the different departments
You are applying? Well, that’s great! First, your application is confirmed and then we start working on your CV.
If the evaluation of your CV was positive, you will immediately receive an invitation for a first meeting with the HR Officer, Talent Manager or Chief HR.
In the first interview, our HR staff and/or a direct line manager determine how well you fit in at Sioen. For some positions, we do some additional tests.
For certain positions a second interview is necessary. This interview is one with your immediate superiors, colleagues and/or CEO.
Time to dot the i's and cross the t's! Our Chief HR makes you a contract proposal and together you discuss the conditions it contains.
Welcome at Sioen!
Congratulations! Now, you are one of our Sioen talents! On your first day, we will welcome you and get you ready for your first working day. Your colleagues will mentor you for the first six months.