Technical Fitting Designer – Pattern Maker (m/f)
- Behaviors in fittings (using specialist software Gerber to develop and evaluate a range of fittings).
- Collaborate with Product Managers to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent and on creation of a style to establish the initial fitting.
- Effectively communicate fit intent to Sales via pattern diagram or directly on pattern or on garment.
- Create and use a block pattern library and execute grading rules, knowledge of different grading systems.
- Develop and maintain accurate finished garment measurement specifications and ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories.
- Developing new fitting concepts and working out fitting proposal for a group of samples or a project.
- Keeping up to date and spotting fashion/fitting.
- Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standard
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of spec, construction and fit intent and identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations.
- Recommend new techniques or methods to improve either fit or cost.
- Higher education degree (Bachelor / Master) and at least 5 years of experience in a garment manufacturing environment.
- Technical background of garment construction and in-depth understanding of fittings including detailed knowledge of apparel production.
- Experience in patternmaking, using Gerber and being able to interpret anthropological data.
- Good team communication and organizational skills and able to work efficiently with tight deadlines.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- Willing to travel abroad.
- An exciting and diverse job in a fast-growing and financially strong group.
- An informal and open work environment in which you are given every opportunity to further develop yourself.
- A competitive salary package adapted to your knowledge and results, supplemented with fringe benefits and the possibility to work flexible hours.
Some key figures
Sioen Industries is a diversified stock quoted group with an extensive portfolio of products and activities: spinning, weaving and coating, manufacturing of clothing, production of fine chemicals and processing of technical textiles. Vertical and horizontal integration, diversification and permanent growth have driven us since 1960.
More infoSIOEN Industries nv
8850 Ardooie - Belgium
T +32 51 740 973